Wednesday 16 March 2011

Playing with felt...

So far all my fascinators have been made with silk, with blocked millinery net and then blocked silk, but it's a long process, keep waiting for fabrics to dry... so I thought I'd turn my hand to felt and have a little play!



So, on Saturday aafternoon, I had a trip round the shops and found a few felts hats for me to "up-cycle" and re-make into something completely different! Using my kettle as a make shift steamer... I blocked my little felt fascinator and an hour later it was completely dry for me to hand stitch the wire edge and bind with gorgeous pink leopard print bias binding for www.macculloch-wallis.co.uk
 
 On Sunday morning, I free machine embroidered the petals and covered a button with the leopard print... stitched the whole thing together... and I'm really pleased with my first felt fascinator!
I like to block the lining, so it follows the shape of the fascinator, and wrap the comb in ribbon to give an extra special finish. Add my label and it's ready for my Folksy Shop.
My Sunday night, I'd blocked a purpley and green felt fascinator... and looking forward to working of those little beauties next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment